Actually I think a finer gauge will make it more efficient, just less powerful, so yes, perhaps less mechanically efficient, but electrically more efficient.
By the way, did you order SWG or AWG 24, because there is a difference?
By the way, did you order SWG or AWG 24, because there is a difference?

, but that's ok. From what I can tell most of the coils have a 3.5" flange and are 4" long. The core is usualy 3/4". This is how I build mine anyway, and they work fine. A basic bifilar coil (800 or so turns) however will not fill a spool of that size, but once you start to add more power winds it will. Beginer questions are good, reminds us about the basics again. So ask away.
I haven't got an official turn count off of him yet, but it would be between 800 and 1000. (that is with multiple windings ie. 5 or 6)
, because of that I think to wind 3 ore 4 windings on my first coil, to have room for future expansion.
Comment