This forum is preserved as a permanent archive. The community continues at eMedia Press.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Joule thief or SEC Over Unity

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Is Joule thief or SEC Over Unity

    I have been following the JT and SEC experiments and I couldn't help but wondering if they are over unity. It seems if one scalar circuit will light up why not add lots of them and combine the outs. ??

    I would like to duplicate the SEC and JT. Could someone tell where to download the circuit diagrams.

    Thanks,
    Goldfinder

  • #2
    Here's the page I used to build my joule thief.

    Make a Joule thief.

    OU or not, the joule thief is great... I was able to light 30 LEDs for days off a dead AA battery.

    I am interested in building a sec exciter, I hope somebody posts good circuit diagrams and instructions in this thread.
    Last edited by 7imix; 10-11-2010, 06:14 AM. Reason: Sec exciter, not sec

    Comment


    • #3
      Link to SEC-thread on this forum

      Hi all,
      I have no experience with Sec exciters or joulethiefs. But here you have the link to the local thread about Sec exciters:



      Please note: "SEC" is not a circuit. SEC stands for spatial energy coherence.
      This is an effect or process proposed/discovered by Dr. Stiffler to explain whats going on in some of his experiments. Circuits developed by Dr.Stiffler to bring forth spatial energy coherence are called SEC exciters. A SEC exciter is a circuit, SEC is not. SEC is a process.

      nestor

      Comment


      • #4
        Question to LIDMOTOR and thanks

        Great inputs. I have been doing research on alternative science since 1955 and the Dr. Stiffler rediscovery of Tesla's transmitter is fantastic.

        Thanks to youall for your help.

        LIDMOTOR
        I see a nice Stiffler tower that looks to be a miniture of his using what looks like 3/4" PVC. Would you mind posting the specs for this please?

        Dr. Stiffler:
        Great work - best I've seen for many years. I do have a suggestion based on my background in patent work where I got my own. Unless you have a real patent pending from the USPTO you are not covered. The fact that you have disclosed it publicly basically makes it open source. However, there is a way you can cover yourself. That is to do a Shareware Patent. It was invented by Jerry Decker and I did some improvements on it. The Shareware concept has been upheld in court and is widely used to protect software. It can also be used to protect invention. It also makes it easy for you to get income from it by charging for plans etc.

        Anyway - thanks everyone !
        Goldfinder

        Comment


        • #5


          page 1, first post - links to diagrams and videos. I recommend starting with the simple slayer exciter - easy to build. (i say that, and its true, but it took me all weekend to get it working!) Theres also jonny davros oscillating trays. And many many more if you look further in the thread.

          I have an addiction to playing with my exciter - theres just so many things you can try and so much moe thats perhaps possible with this fun little circuit. Come and join the thread!!!

          Have a look at the circuits and feel free to ask me questions - i was only able to build mine thanks to help from folks on the thread. Time to pass on the favour!

          For slayer exciter you need:

          TIP32 transistor (or IRF 730/830...but some folks have had less success with these.)
          Heat sink (bigger the better)

          resistor 300 - 500 ohms (i think larger wattage is better....at least 1 W.)

          PVC pipe (sewer/toilet pipe is great) Thicker and taller the better.

          1.1 mm diametre insulated copper wire

          4-6 mm copper wire

          emergency phone charger useful but not necessary

          battery

          simple as that!

          Comment


          • #6
            Specs on Slayer exciter ?

            Originally posted by seth View Post
            http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...-variants.html

            page 1, first post - links to diagrams and videos. I recommend starting with the simple slayer exciter - easy to build. (i say that, and its true, but it took me all weekend to get it working!) Theres also jonny davros oscillating trays. And many many more if you look further in the thread.

            I have an addiction to playing with my exciter - theres just so many things you can try and so much moe thats perhaps possible with this fun little circuit. Come and join the thread!!!

            Have a look at the circuits and feel free to ask me questions - i was only able to build mine thanks to help from folks on the thread. Time to pass on the favour!
            For slayer exciter you need:

            TIP32 transistor (or IRF 730/830...but some folks have had less success with these.)
            Heat sink (bigger the better)
            resistor 300 - 500 ohms (i think larger wattage is better....at least 1 W.)
            PVC pipe (sewer/toilet pipe is great) Thicker and taller the better.
            1.1 mm diametre insulated copper wire
            4-6 mm copper wire
            emergency phone charger useful but not necessary
            battery
            simple as that!
            Thanks a bunch Seth. Always thankful for help on some new whizzy to expt with. I always try to pass on the info to interested parties so I'll certainly do that. I already found the references and saved the disgrams. Question on the Slayer exciter -

            Is the PVC pipe to make the high voltageTesla type coil?

            If so I have the pipe but I need to know how many turns on fine wire?

            And how many turns on the heavier wire primary?

            And what is diameter of the primary relative to the secondary?

            Also - I see LIDMOTOR has a small type of tesla type. Any specs on that? It looks like a neat T-coil design.

            Best to U and All,
            Goldfinder

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Goldfinder View Post
              Thanks a bunch Seth. Always thankful for help on some new whizzy to expt with. I always try to pass on the info to interested parties so I'll certainly do that. I already found the references and saved the disgrams. Question on the Slayer exciter -

              Is the PVC pipe to make the high voltageTesla type coil?

              If so I have the pipe but I need to know how many turns on fine wire?

              And how many turns on the heavier wire primary?

              And what is diameter of the primary relative to the secondary?

              Also - I see LIDMOTOR has a small type of tesla type. Any specs on that? It looks like a neat T-coil design.

              Best to U and All,
              Goldfinder
              PVC pipe is for the secondary (L1) which on my replication is about 400 turns (could be 500...i never counted. dont think its too important - just lots of turns of 1.1mm diametre copper wire with varnish insulation - dont forget to scrape this off at the ends of the wire in order to get a good connection). This goes in the centre of L2 (primary) which is thick copper wire, and on my replication 2 turns and about 3 or 4 mm in diametre (some people use more and some less) - you're right, together the primary and secondary in this position look very much like a standard tesla coil.

              I'm also a big fan of lidmotors videos - before i made my own and during the process, i watched his excellent videos (all of them) as well as Slayers videos (GBluer on youtube) and Jonnydavros videos, as they were really easy to follow, perfectly presented and left me with no more questions about construction. There are about a million circuit diagrams on the thread i linked to, so go and enjoy yourself!

              any more questions about construction, just ask. The slayer exciter is a really easy circuit to construct, but i failed to do it quickly cos of one complication - the polarity of the primary (L2). It seems that sometimes the circuit wont work cos of the clockwise or anticlockwise winding of the primary (which can be helical or pancake - both work for me with little difference in result). So if you build it, and it doesnt work, DONT GIVE UP!!! Just swap the connections of the primary thereby reversing direction and polarity. When i did this (as slayer helpfully suggested) my CFL lit up wirelessly on just 1AA. A 14 Watt light running on such a little battery and wirelessly at that

              here are my videos of my replications - They arent the best - no sound (just music), little explanation, no circuit diagram and poor quality graphics.. The other guys do a much better job. Nonetheless, you can see what can be done with the exciter.

              YouTube - MrFlathunter's Channel

              Positive side of battery connected (in parallel) to

              a) resistor in series to base of transistor (if using TIP 32 i recommend 350ohm to 1K 1W resistor)
              b) L2 primary of 2 turns 3-4 mm diametre in series to connector of transistor

              Negative side of battery connected to emitter.

              Now connect big secondary 400 turns 1.1mm at the bottom of the coil to the base of the transistor, leave the top end of wire (output hanging free), place secondary iside primary and you're ready to rock and roll......if it doesnt work, swap wires connected to 2 turn primary around, and try again....if it still doesnt work try on low voltage batteries lifting the primary and finding the resonant point (in both polarities)......then have a beer to celebrate! And make a video for me to watch

              As for OU, like the JThief, very efficient for lighting stuff, but not convinced yet....nonetheless there is so much to try and im optimistic

              Good luck!

              Comment

              Working...
              X