This forum is preserved as a permanent archive. The community continues at eMedia Press.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Magnet motor revelation

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Dog-One View Post
    The presenter is TinselKoala. No mistaking that voice and delivery.
    I don't like that guys way of handling things. Thanks for the heads

    up Dog

    Originally posted by lorinrandone View Post
    Thanks Mikey.
    Much remains to be done. Hopefully not leave us Ufopolitics. He is the real motor that drives us forward
    Regard. cristian
    Yes I agree Cristian

    UFO has a big heart, that is why he has so much going for himself

    he is looking at sharing all of the time. He needs to rest up and most

    of all he won't just talk all of the time till he is sure. He is doing testing.

    Mikey

    Comment


    • I believe that video OF Tinsels was taken down for a reason

      Its a teaching video of sorts [I will clarify that with a query to him today at the other forum .
      respectfully
      Chet
      Edit
      here is the answer from Tinsel

      Quote


      I'm in no mood to discuss trivia at the moment... I just read Mark Dansie's report about MarkE.

      I can tell you these things:

      The device was originally designed by Overconfident, who died of a brain tumor (malignant melanoma) several years ago.
      The video was put up on YouTube to prove a point to Omnibus and was taken down after only being up for 27 minutes, as soon as Omnibus had seen it.
      All copies of the video available on YT are unauthorized, plagiarized and many have been altered in various ways. Someone copied it without permission in the 27 minutes it was up and reposted it and it's all downhill from there.

      The device is now lost, but you know where it may be (even if you don't realize it).

      Teaching? Yes, undoubtedly. Did anyone learn anything from it? I certainly did.
      "If what you think you are seeing appears to violate some physical law or principle, examine your assumptions...."

      Out of respect for the memory of Overconfident, I really don't want to discuss it further. It was done to death back in the day, anyhow.

      end quote

      I believe it was not a true event which was witnessed in the video ,I recall air or some other "assist" as a lesson to "the Buss" {member omnibus]
      at OU.Com ,that is the reason for the poor lighting and "untypical [of Tinsels vids] focus and no panning of the area around the motor.

      also to add it is sad to read of the passing of member Mark E
      Last edited by RAMSET; 09-13-2015, 01:54 PM.
      If you want to Change the world
      BE that change !!

      Comment


      • Originally posted by BroMikey View Post
        I don't like that guys way of handling things. Thanks for the heads

        up Dog



        Yes I agree Cristian

        UFO has a big heart, that is why he has so much going for himself

        he is looking at sharing all of the time. He needs to rest up and most

        of all he won't just talk all of the time till he is sure. He is doing testing.

        Mikey

        I appreciate what makes Tinsel Koala. It is a cerebral guy

        -Ufo, sure this testing before stating something

        Comment


        • Progression


          For my ramps, I am focusing more thought on attraction rather than polarity. Not that I am totally ignoring polarity, I'm not, but my ramps will be/are trapezoidal.
          Good Luck,
          Randy
          _

          Comment


          • The major difference I can see is the orientation of the magnets. Two polarities and two polarity of ramps. Remember, everything in balance. North magnet and north ramp, south magnet and south ramp. Each ramp needs a slot to adjust the position to compensate for the magnet and ramp inbalancies. Using tow ramps and two magnets more than doubles the power. You can use ramps on each side of the magnets or on the top and bottom. The ramps create the gate for the magnets. When I have time I will make a diagram on my cad and post it. Good Luck. stealth

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Stealth View Post
              The major difference I can see is the orientation of the magnets. Two polarities and two polarity of ramps. Remember, everything in balance. North magnet and north ramp, south magnet and south ramp. Each ramp needs a slot to adjust the position to compensate for the magnet and ramp inbalancies. Using tow ramps and two magnets more than doubles the power. You can use ramps on each side of the magnets or on the top and bottom. The ramps create the gate for the magnets. When I have time I will make a diagram on my cad and post it. Good Luck. stealth
              Thanks @Stealth,
              That would be great. I think I understand what you are saying, but a picture/drawing would be enough to be sure. We all communicate a bit different and I have totally misinterpreted someone's description before. I think I agree with you to a point, but I need to see what you are speaking of to be sure.
              Respectfully,
              Randy
              _

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Stealth View Post
                The major difference I can see is the orientation of the magnets. Two polarities and two polarity of ramps. Remember, everything in balance. North magnet and north ramp, south magnet and south ramp. Each ramp needs a slot to adjust the position to compensate for the magnet and ramp inbalancies. Using tow ramps and two magnets more than doubles the power. You can use ramps on each side of the magnets or on the top and bottom. The ramps create the gate for the magnets. When I have time I will make a diagram on my cad and post it. Good Luck. stealth

                I think you have reason to put ramps up and down the magnets. I did some tests with a ferrite core U-shaped, and I found that the effect is much more relevant.

                Comment


                • Resolution of Forces

                  Mack

                  Comment


                  • Yeah!

                    Originally posted by MadMack View Post
                    Regarding the relationship between a rotor magnet and a ramp+stator magnet, resulting in the rotational force actually applied to the rotor, the key is the manipulation and directing of the forces available.

                    Magnetic attraction or repulsion is a force.
                    Identify when, where, and the direction of, the force(s) in operation between the ramp and magnets. Manipulate the physical construction of the ramp to make the forces work in your favor. The ramp is more than a curved piece of rectangular iron.

                    Food for thought:
                    1 force cosine 0 degrees = 1 force
                    1 force cosine 90 degrees = 0 force

                    If you would like to have a refresher on “Determining the Components of a Vector” see
                    Resolution of Forces

                    Mack
                    Thanks for that Mack. It is the direction I have been moving. It has been my thought process that with the polarity in balance you must have another force to cause the rotation. That of inductive attraction, not polarity. If it was strictly polarity, you would have balance, an equal push and pull. Not a formula for movement.

                    Mack: If this device has been built with some really good bearings and very little frictional loss, is there a danger of runaway? Or does this device, like a electric motor, reach a peak rpm based on some resonance point? I have to believe the later.

                    While I have the basic unit built, I decided it was more important to understand the geometrical relationships involved in magnetic induction and have built a number of test jigs to further that study. Most surprising from the dogma we have been taught since childhood. I am nearly ready to start testing acceleration.

                    Ufopolitics: Centrifugal forces are definitely at work here. On all sides .

                    Take Care,
                    Randy
                    Last edited by tachyoncatcher; 09-14-2015, 08:55 PM.
                    _

                    Comment


                    • Thanks Mack
                      Resolution of Forces






                      I will refresh my "Vectors"



                      Vector Analysis Study Simplified



                      SOH,CAH,TOA.

                      A way of remembering how to compute the sine, cosine, and tangent

                      of an angle.


                      A way of remembering how to compute the sine, cosine, and tangent of an angle.

                      SOH stands for Sine equals Opposite over Hypotenuse.

                      CAH stands for Cosine equals Adjacent over Hypotenuse.

                      TOA stands for Tangent equals Opposite over Adjacent.


                      Mathwords: SOHCAHTOA


                      How to Use SohCahToa to Find the Trig Functions of a Right Triangle - For Dummies



                      [VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ek13B8mCq1E[/VIDEO]
                      Last edited by BroMikey; 09-14-2015, 08:37 PM.

                      Comment


                      • Hello Magnet motor mad men.

                        Here is a diagram that I am not sure is correct.

                        What has been pointed out is that we first determine the amount

                        of force of the traveling magnet by vector.

                        Comment


                        • Thinking 3D...Mack

                          Hello to All,

                          Sorry guys, I have been very busy...

                          But, ever since Mack gave Us the below post...

                          [/IMG]

                          [IMG][/IMG]

                          [IMG][/IMG]



                          Like I wrote on the first image on top...it is better to imagine the angles between Planes...and not through Axes. (it tends to confusion)

                          The Ramps could easily be redirecting Stators Polarity to face Rotor Magnets at a very effective straight angle...in favor of rotation of course...


                          Regards


                          Ufopolitics

                          EDIT 1:

                          Only thing is...that when we do this...then the third plane also gets inclined as well.
                          Last edited by Ufopolitics; 09-15-2015, 05:24 PM.
                          Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

                          Comment



                          • Translation:

                            Ufo Thanks,

                            I propose the four poles version, it is the easiest set up that could be called motor and allows a very good adjustment to achieve balance. Is just my opinion. Anyways I will make a rotor of bigger diameter, 'cause I feel too limited to make tests, I remember that Mack recommends to make a big rotor.

                            Regards,

                            Cristian

                            My answer translated:
                            MadMack's Posts related to minimum six poles:

                            Originally posted by MadMack View Post

                            One set of magnets every 45 degrees works well. Magnets at 0, 90, 180, and 270 degrees in attraction. Magnets at 45, 135, 225, and 315 degrees in repulsion. This balances the side forces to the rotor shaft and stator housing. Magnet pairs every 60 degrees will also work.
                            Originally posted by MadMack View Post

                            Originally posted by Turion View Post

                            Did you use the same number of magnets as in the Bedini picture on the rotor?
                            No. The least was 6. The rotors diameter has a direct bearing on the output torque.
                            Last edited by Ufopolitics; 09-15-2015, 05:04 PM.
                            Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.― Leonardo da Vinci

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Ufopolitics View Post
                              Translation:

                              Ufo Thanks,

                              I propose the four poles version, it is the easiest set up that could be called motor and allows a very good adjustment to achieve balance. Is just my opinion. Anyways I will make a rotor of bigger diameter, 'cause I feel too limited to make tests, I remember that Mack recommends to make a big rotor.

                              Regards,

                              Cristian

                              My answer translated:
                              MadMack's Posts related to minimum six poles:
                              Last edited by lorinrandone; 09-15-2015, 07:32 PM.

                              Comment


                              • Build

                                This is what ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS happens on these threads. When someone has a new idea, or an INTERPRETATION of what the original inventor came up with, instead of KEEPING IT TO THEMSELVES until they have positive results to show by taking that idea and APPLYING IT TO A WORKING MODEL, testing it, examining the test results and comparing them to a baseline BEFORE sharing them with everyone, we get EVERYONE'S UNTESTED IDEAS and this kind of input takes us down side tracks and away from the BASIC design we started with. WHY is that I wonder? I'm not saying that any of the ideas people have come up with are WRONG. What I am saying is, when one idea is on the table and twenty people toss in their idea that is UNTESTED and may have NO positive effects on the outcome, now the few people who actually BUILD are totally confused about which direction to go and the whole project gets sidetracked. Let's leave just ONE idea the table. If you have a modification, TEST IT and make sure it WORKS, and THEN share with the class.

                                I love all the graphics you guys are capable of coming up with. They are truly amazing. But I would trade them ALL for a crappy video of your idea applied to a model you have BUILT, showing that it works or doesn't work. I'm not trying to be rude or insulting guys, but build it, test it, and then show us what YOU did that was so significantly different that it caused the thing to work.

                                Again, I do NOT mean to be insulting to anyone, as I know you guys are putting in the time on this project and I am not right now. I'm just observing and getting frustrated.

                                By the way. I get to go home tomorrow and see if I still have a house. Will know by this time tomorrow. Then I can test some ideas I have been sketching out the last few days. I wish I was better with a cad program, but I am not, so I just draw crap on paper and then build it.

                                Dave

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X