This forum is preserved as a permanent archive. The community continues at eMedia Press.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to Save Energy in Bedroom?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How to Save Energy in Bedroom?

    Check out some interesting energy saving tipsenergy saving ideas for better future.
    Concernergy : Exploring Ideas for Energy Conservation

  • #2
    What?

    You speak about eco-friendly "such as wooden doors, and recyclable material", then you go and suggest CFL?
    How are they eco-friendly, and why should you worry about eco-friendly doors, decorations, and recyclable material if you're not worried about using CFL?
    ‎"It's all in the MIND"

    Comment


    • #3
      CFL is the sorriest excuse I've seen for an energy efficient "safe" lightbulb.

      First, the hight cost compared to the real life. I've never seen a CFL last as long as claimed.

      Second, theres the fact that it contains mercury, and we have no good disposal solution other than the city dump.

      Third, many of them are ghastly and (for me and probably others) cause headaches.

      Fourth, I wish I could find the article, but somebody had done the math on using an incandacent vs cfl, with the extra heat needed by a furnace added in. (And the calculation showed more c02 being released due to the extra work of a furnace.) Since incandacents heat a room, you can have a lower thermostat, and the room heats as it is used a bit. If you have proper windows, the light isn't on as much when the AC is running in the summer.


      Personally, i'd prefer a lightbulb that can only kill me if I remove it and touch the exposed socket. I've had 3 CFL's break in the short time I used them. 2 of them the glass broke (great, mercury exposure). The last one, the base pulled apart exposing the electronics, including the step up transformer.


      Nice plug for your website, you've got it in your post and your signature, and as your avatar.

      Comment

      Working...
      X