3 Fukushima mayors boycott meeting with gov't ministers
Title: 3 Fukushima mayors boycott meeting with gov't ministers
Source: Kyodo
Date: February 27, 2012
A meeting between the government and municipalities located near the crippled Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant was cancelled Sunday after three mayors boycotted it protesting that the government had informed the media of the specifics of the meeting's agenda prior to informing them.
Futaba Mayor Katsutaka Idogawa, who absented himself, told a press conference, "I strongly mistrust the government...So I have made a momentous decision not to attend the meeting" with Environment Minister Goshi Hosono and Tatsuo Hirano [...]
The mayors of the towns of Hirono and Namie followed Idogawa. [...]
[They] were expected to discuss how to eliminate radioactive materials leaked by the plant and explore ways to construct temporary storage facilities for contaminated soil. [...]
V
Title: 3 Fukushima mayors boycott meeting with gov't ministers
Source: Kyodo
Date: February 27, 2012
A meeting between the government and municipalities located near the crippled Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant was cancelled Sunday after three mayors boycotted it protesting that the government had informed the media of the specifics of the meeting's agenda prior to informing them.
Futaba Mayor Katsutaka Idogawa, who absented himself, told a press conference, "I strongly mistrust the government...So I have made a momentous decision not to attend the meeting" with Environment Minister Goshi Hosono and Tatsuo Hirano [...]
The mayors of the towns of Hirono and Namie followed Idogawa. [...]
[They] were expected to discuss how to eliminate radioactive materials leaked by the plant and explore ways to construct temporary storage facilities for contaminated soil. [...]
V

Why would anyone spread this all over the country? Unbelievable! Didn't they learn from burning debris in Tokyo incinerators already. I'm lacking words...
Comment